3 Ways For Working Moms To Get Dinner On The Table
As a working mom, I am sure the end of your day may seem like this: it’s 5:00 p.m., you’ve had a busy day, and you’re not sure what is for dinner.
You feel exhausted from the stressors of the day, and do not want to think about what you will be cooking for the family. You decide grabbing take-out or ordering delivery is the best option.
I get it! I have done the same thing!
But I want to share with you some amazing tools to put dinner on your table that saves you money, is less calories, and brings the family together.
Being a working mom, one of the biggest challenges is meal time. In particular- dinner.
As a working mom, I have a difficult time:
- Having dinner prepared at a decent time.
- Providing a meal the kids will eat.
- And, just simply getting a meal to the table, when I am exhausted from the day.
Over the years, I created a couple simple ways to achieve this.
Now, first, let me start by saying, I have a husband who is an amazing supporter of my career. I am fortunate to have him home when the kids get home from school. He helps to ensure dinner is on the table each day.
On the other hand, I have used these 3 simple strategies and resources to help us get dinner on the table.
- One of the hardest things about cooking for little people is trying to plan recipes the kids will actually love. My kids have always been picky eaters and this can make meal planning an impossible task. Forkly, has been a great tool to help me with easy recipes, the kids love.
- I cook 3-4 meals on Sunday for the week. This is a day our family is home to cook together and create our meal planning for the week. When the kids are involved, they are excited to try the dinners they created. A Taste of Home offers some great recipes to cook ahead for the week.
- I love to create simple recipes that can be put in containers and refrigerate or freeze for the week. When life gets busy, it helps to have a make-ahead meal in the fridge or freezer that you can quickly. Good Housekeeping gives us some tasty, easy to prep recipes to help us fill our refrigerator or freezer for the week.
Let me share some of the favorite recipes our family enjoys:
There are so many recipes and ideas you can find on line as a working mom seeking to provide a meal for the family.
- Just plan ahead.
- Recruit the family to help cook ahead for the week.
- And store in safe containers in the refrigerator or freezer so it is easy to reheat.
Share your ideas and favorite recipes in the comments below.