Crazy Sexy Juice – What’s That?
As women, we are always trying out new ways to restore our health. But many of us are saying:
I feel sluggish.
I don’t have time for my health.
I feel bloated.
I need to lose weight.
Kris Carr, Author of “Crazy Sexy Juice” and the “Crazy Sexy” Book Series is a foot soldier in her fight against disease. Kris has battled cancer, but has been using healthy habits throughout her fight to inspire others to take charge of their health and happiness.
In the book, “Crazy Sexy Juice” Kris emphasizes the importance of nature for restoring and revitalizing our bodies.
I love being in nature. This past year, our family moved to the country. We are blessed with nature all around us. I now have apple, peach and pear trees, a garden and a stocked pond of fish adorning our woods.
We have some work to do on the garden next year, but we have already been able to enjoy fresh pears this past fall.
Getting Back to Our Roots
Experiencing nature is great for your body, mind and soul. I believe one of the healthiest habits you can start is juicing. Simply adding a nutrient-dense blend of vegetables and fruits to your daily life can give you a solid foundation for improving your health.
Kris gives many handy tips and tricks on juicing in her book. These range from simple preparation tips to lifestyle practices to successfully juicing long-term.
I am excited to introduce you to her handy tips:
- Keep your appliances clean and visible. Keep your juicer in an easy-to-access space. I keep my juicer on the kitchen counter, so I have easy access on the daily. (If it is out of sight, it is out of mind!)
- Wash and prep your fruits and vegetables the day or night before. Bag them in a Ziploc and put them in the refrigerator. Then, get the juicer set up and ready to juice.
- Always keep your refrigerator stocked with fruits and vegetables. Before you go to the grocery, make a list of items you need to juice for the week. If you are stocked for the week, it is easier to keep up your juicing efforts.
- Take it one step at a time. When you begin juicing, start with one juice per day. You will find you like it, and may add another juice.
- Make a swap. When you are working on adding a juice to your day, replace a snack, coffee or other item with juice.
- Enlist your family. My husband actually introduced me to juicing. But we have involved our kids in our creations, too. This makes it fun as we all enjoy a healthy habit together.
- Find community. It has been proven, when you have support and are accountable to others, it is easier to stick to healthy habits.
You can learn more at Kris Carr’s Community (https://kriscarr.com/blog/category/well-being/)
My Favorite Juicing Recipe
My favorite juicing recipe is:
2 leaves of kale
1 large red grapefruit
2 large oranges
I enjoy this and special elixirs every day.
Get the exact juicer I use every day- The Breville Juice Fountain.
Share your favorite juice recipe and how juicing has improved your health below!
Thanks for sharing your comments below. This community is focused on women motivating and inspiring one another to Become More. I appreciate your involvement.