My First Blog – I Hope I Don’t Screw This Up
This is the Grand Opening of my blog.
This is the inspiring moment when I tell you all the things my blog will help you to achieve. This is the moment I try to motivate and light a fire in you by my intentions.
This is an important note to you. Because, this is the moment you are deciding to read on, follow me or click on to the next website.
I am telling you that this is a lot of pressure!
Most people who blog tell me the worst blog they ever wrote was their first. And I have been told over and over, “you only get one chance to make a first impression.”
So, by the grace of God, I pray this goes well!
Have you ever said to yourself:
I am not good enough.
I am not smart.
I struggle with guilt and forgiveness.
I am too fat.
I am a bad mom.
I don’t deserve happiness.
I wish I could be like her.
I am not pretty enough.
I make horrible decisions as a manager.
I have said all of these things to myself and more!!
But, this self-talk is not the truth for any of us. Society, television, social media, the radio and magazines tell women, so loudly, how we are not good enough and we are screwing it all up.
That is a vicious lie and shame on us for believing it!
This is why I decided to start this blog and website for you. I want a place for women to come to grow and learn together, as we support and encourage one another. This is a lifestyle and business blog helping you to grow and become the best version of yourself.
People who have worked with me know that I believe life is about choices. Women – we have the choice to believe all the negative narratives in our life or start choosing happiness.
This all starts with your belief in you!
The Journey – How Does It Start?
I know this journey will not be easy, but we will be on a journey together, arm in arm with our banner screaming, “We Choose to Become More.”
Rules of the Road
There a few things we have to understand as we move forward on our journey. I guess we will call them “Rules of the Road.” Here you go:
- This is not easy street – It is not easy to go somewhere new, much less, become something new. Negative talk and thoughts may have become a habit for you, and changing a habit is not easy. This is a life-long journey, but worth the travel.
- You will hit a fork in the road – You will fail. You will lose control at times. That is okay. You will need to pick yourself up off the road and start over again. I will be here cheering you on in the process.
- You must believe you are on the right road – You must believe in you. Each of us have gifts and talents. You will have to decide how you will use these. You are more than you have become to this point. Start believing in yourself and share your gift.
- Pull up the GPS and enter your location – It is impossible to move to another place in life without first understanding where you are. You will need to become self-aware of what you believe about yourself. Even if it is not easy to face.
- What is your destination? – You will need to discover who you are meant to be. What your mission is. What your purpose is. You are creation by your making and it is time to decide who you want to be.
This blog will highlight my journey. I will talk about struggles I have overcome and ways I still struggle. I promise, I will talk candidly about my failures, even my embarrassments, and weird things women have to deal with- like:
How do we hide back fat? Oh yay – I got that.
Really! I have a hair growing out of my chin! What do I do about that?
I just got done slamming the cupboard doors and throwing a fit to get my husband to respond to my anger. Yeah girl, I lost it!
Or when my son said, “Mom, the soccer game isn’t at our home field, it is in Marion, Indiana. That is an hour and a half away!” Yep. Mom of The Year.
And, yes, I have sat my forehead on my desk at work and cried. Thoughts of failing creeped into my head and heart.
What if I told you, in spite of my gross, embarrassing moments and failures, that I have inner peace. I love myself, though I screw up- A LOT!
I don’t allow these moments to define me. I have learned to laugh about it, even share it because it comforts other women with some of their issues.
Thankfully, God (and my family) gives me grace and I get a chance to do better and be better every day.
I hope you choose to follow me and my stories, as well as join me holding the banner saying, “We Choose to Become More.”
But, most of all, I hope you discover who you are, become who you were meant to be, and are better because of the journey.
It is very important you share your thoughts and struggles with others. We are here to support and encourage one another as we grow to become better versions of ourselves. So please share and comment below:
Share a struggle you are dealing with or have overcome.
What topics would you like to learn more about?